PGC has been part of the Edina Engineering & Manufacturing community since 1950. We are staffed with engineers who can work in lock-step with your R&D team to match materials to your performance requirements right from the start. A company who can hit the ground running, rethink the gasket or seal should you have a leak during development; to tackle the tolerances and the timelines to help ensure your product performs as precisely as planned from initial concept consulting to delivery. That’s PGC. A partnership in precision.
PGC is renowned for our innovative, customized parts. World-class companies insist on using our proprietary 4D process (Discover, Diagnose, Develop, and Deliver). Our team is well educated, passionate about our mission, and tenacious in meeting the challenges of a growing company.
We provide progressive solutions. We execute with discipline. We are tenacious.
We are a triple-bottom-line company (People, Planet, and Profit) of vibrant life-long learners who are impacting the planet with imaginative ideas and solutions for our customers.
The Quality Engineer supports the growth and development of PGC by providing leadership, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills to support the plant site manufacturing engineering and production efforts in the development and implementation of quality systems. The QE also participates as required, in design reviews to facilitate manufacturability.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs)
Metrics and/or timeframes may be assigned to the below KRAs to provide metrics that indicate whether or not the KRA has been successfully met; if the metrics are not met, the performance of the individual is below the expectations for this role.
- Represents Quality Department needs and perspectives.
- Attends Operation L10 Meetings as a quality representative
- Collaborates cross-functionally and within the Quality team to ensure compliance, continuous improvement efforts, resolution of customer complaints, root-cause analysis, problem solving, corrective actions, are successfully performed within the department’s framework
- Demonstrates fluency working within a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Participates as needed in design reviews to facilitate manufacturability
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves problems
- Uses root-cause analysis to identify issues and create solutions in order to resolve customer complaints and improve processes to reduce variations
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills when developing/creating corrective action processes, reviewing suggestions, and executing actions
- Facilitates resolution of corrective and preventive action activities
- Ensures compliance and continuous improvement activities occur
- Develops processes, communications, and adheres to relevant compliance requirements (AS9100C, ISO, QMS, etc.) to support and ensure quality at the source occurs
- Maintains a fluent understanding of AS9100C certification and ISO9001:2008 and ensures compliance to quality and industrial specifications
- Establishes incoming, in-process, and final inspection methods based on ongoing customer requirements and performance data
- Participates and implements continuous improvement activities in a lean manufacturing environment
- Conducts work activities in a safe manner and in compliance with safety guidelines, rules, and policies
Education & Experience: Bachelor Degree with a minimum of five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASQ Certification and experience with adhesive materials strongly preferred, willingness to obtain and maintain ASQ certification required.
Computer Skills: Strong skills with PCs, Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook (E-mail and calendar functions in particular) and PowerPoint, and using internet web browsers.
Language Ability: Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (others may be assigned)
- Contributes to and supports a results-based work environment
- Leads by example, earns respect, actively listens to others, and is committed to reaching success through coaching, mentoring, training, and empowering staff in ways that include practical application and opportunities to practice/learn on the job
- Displays a service mentality with internal staff; all activities support the customer—uses the 3Cs to ensure all customer needs are met without sacrificing on time delivery of quality products
- Implements QMS initiatives:
- Oversees process documentation including any necessary ancillary forms, instructions, job aids or other as directed by the PGC QMS process
- Determines and verifies effectiveness of QMS processes
- Supports EOS implementation through:
- Effective Level 10 meetings
- Completion of Quarterly Rocks (self and team)
- Support of annual Company Pillars
- Designs solutions; collaborates with others to communicate a vivid vision of future-state success and builds buy in to implement future-state initiatives
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing peer networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies/memberships
- Seeks out resources for personal/professional improvement; is coachable and retains new learnings and applies them successfully and consistently in the work environment
- Attends and participates in department and company meetings and initiatives
- Participates in cross-training and triple-redundancy initiatives
- Maintains a thorough understanding of department-specific, safety and work-related policies and procedures and assists others to understand and perform within these parameters as well.
- Ensures a safe working environment. Notifies Safety Coordinator if unsafe conditions are identified.
- Participates in safety programs such as stretching, work rotations, safety committee, and/or other initiatives to help promote a “Zero Injury Lost Time” work environment.
- Works well with others even when under stress and/or pressure; maintains a professional demeanor regardless of professional or personal opinion or emotions. Treats everyone with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Fosters strong internal customer relations through quality of work product, promotes teamwork to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Upholds appropriate confidentiality of company plans and operations.
- Demonstrates and integrates PGC’s 5 Critical Success Factors into all activities (attendance, performance, safety, quality, and high-anchor behaviors)