PGC has been part of the Edina Engineering & Manufacturing community since 1950. We are staffed with engineers who can work in lock-step with your R&D team to match materials to your performance requirements right from the start. A company who can hit the ground running, rethink the gasket or seal should you have a leak during development; to tackle the tolerances and the timelines to help ensure your product performs as precisely as planned from initial concept consulting to delivery. That’s PGC. A partnership in precision.
PGC is renowned for our innovative, customized parts. World-class companies insist on using our proprietary 4D process (Discover, Diagnose, Develop, and Deliver). Our team is well educated, passionate about our mission, and tenacious in meeting the challenges of a growing company.
We provide progressive solutions. We execute with discipline. We are tenacious.
We are a triple-bottom-line company (People, Planet, and Profit) of vibrant life-long learners who are impacting the planet with imaginative ideas and solutions for our customers.
The First Impressions Coordinator supports the growth and development of PGC by enhancing the first impression of the company by warmly greeting and directing visitors and callers with timely and courteous communication while performing reception desk duties; assists in streamlining processes, completing delegated projects, and provides general support for a variety of internal functions.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs)
Metrics and/or timeframes may be assigned to the below KRAs to provide metrics that indicate whether or not the KRA has been successfully met; if the metrics are not met, the performance of the individual is below the expectations for this role.
- Representing PGC
- Enhances first impressions and image of PGC by taking ownership of the public’s experience with regard to interacting with others as well as the physical state of PGC
- Greets visitors, answers questions and engages in conversation to make them feel welcome when they arrive at the facility
- Exercises excellent telephone etiquette and maintains a pleasant, friendly and helpful disposition
- Takes accurate phone messages and delivers them timely
- Escalates issues when needed to serve the customer, supplier, visitor or staff member in a timely manner
- Keeps the reception and conference areas neat, clean, organized and inviting to visitors
- Prints and posts weekly meeting room calendars
- Assists with meeting preparation by replenishing supplies as needed
- Orders, receives and stocks office/kitchen supplies and implements office supply policy; includes but is not limited to printer cartridges, time cards and time clock ribbon, refreshments for guests/visitors, and new employee supplies (locks, badges, key fobs, etc.)
- Maintains the supply closet in an organized and neat fashion
- Orders new employee and existing employee business cards as directed
- Organizes, coordinates and promotes semi-annual cleaning day events
- Notifies facilities management timely of equipment and/or building failures, including but not limited to doorbell system, phone system and HVAC issues; may serve as a liaison for office needs such as contacting our vendor for coffee machine repair and similar items
- Updates emergency listing and distributes as needed
- Trains new Authorized Greeters as directed and maintains Authorized Greeter List
- Partners with supervisor to ensure front desk coverage is maintained at all times, during meetings, supply errands, etc.
- Assists with implementing special events, company sponsored events, ordering lunches for meetings, etc.
- Acts as a gatekeeper without compromising professionalism, warmth, business etiquette and related welcoming behavior to ensure a productive and compliant environment for all while maintaining a good impression and experience for the public.
- Ensures ITAR visitor process is followed consistently, in line with policy and collects and follows electronic process/procedures to ensure visitors are checked in within ITAR compliance parameters; trains other “authorized greeters” on how to do the same
- Tracks/checks-out contract employee badges.
- Asks questions to screen out solicitors (in person and via phone call); passes along information rather than giving out contact information and/or names.
- Demonstrates good foresight and ability to anticipate future needs; makes pro-active suggestions for improving the first impressions of our customers and visitors with regard to facilities, correspondence, etc.
- Practices excellent time management skills to adhere to fast-paced deadlines on a consistent basis; is able to effectively multi-task on a daily basis
- Maintains and enhances/develops the First Impressions/Front Desk Guide to ensure appropriate documentation of processes critical to this role to provide effective resources and instructions for coverage related to absences (vacation, sick time, etc.)
- Keeps confidential information confidential at all times without exception.
- HR Support – provides a wide variety of primary HR support as well as back-up (triple redundancy) support, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintains timesheets in Oasis Time and acts as a resource for employees and/or managers who have questions and need assistance troubleshooting; performs weekly timecard administration, approval, and submission.
- Onboarding: taking pictures of new employees and ordering ID badges, issuing locks for employee lockers, generating ACS numbers for new hires and temporary labor, scheduling orientation sessions, setting up Outlook reminders for orientation checklists and similar new hire onboarding and preparation processes as assigned
- Sets security access for key fobs and oversees the lost ID badge and/or key fob paperwork process; may participate in key fob/ID badge quarterly audits
- Submits time cards for temporary employee payroll, maintains records per process, and enters data into Excel spreadsheets weekly for OSHA and headcount tracking, may also assist with the temporary labor payroll reporting spreadsheet
- Tracks Employee Fist Bumps weekly and distributes to the management team as appropriate
- Partners with the HR Manager to administer the Bump It Up! incentive program in order to identify and track monthly winners
- Files documents into personnel files and maintains confidentiality of contents
- Updates and maintains the Employee TV weekly
- Seeks input and gathers data to create and publish the Weekly Scoop via e-mail company-wide and on the Employee TV
- Runs timekeeping attendance reports and distributes them weekly for manufacturing team
- Creates and publishes the PGC quarterly newsletter “17-21 Times”, seeking input and articles from contributing colleagues
- Performing other data entry and/or reporting projects as assigned
- Escalates issues and questions appropriately to HR Manager or supervisor
- Finance Support – provides a wide variety of primary Finance support as well as back-up (triple redundancy) support, including but not limited to the following:
- Opens, separates, and distributes incoming checks
- Scans incoming invoices into M-Files and enters metadata into M-Files for invoices and POs
- Runs daily reports at end of day and distributes as appropriate: Billing Report, Post and Distribution Report, Invoice Report, and Daily News; may act as a back-up for running other reports, including but not limited to the daily Booking Report
Education & Experience: High School Degree or AA Degree in Business Administration or similar field and minimum 1 year of experience. Demonstrated administrative, customer service, and data entry skills. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced work environment. Ability to multi-task, maintain a strong attention to detail, and provide exceptional support to internal and external customers in a memorable, friendly, and attentive manner. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service internally and externally.
Computer Skills: Strong skills with PCs, internet browsers, and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ability to learn to use new programs and software quickly preferred.
Language Ability: Good interpersonal and group dynamics skills. Demonstrated ability to balance the needs and perspectives of multiple team members and assist in decision-making. Ability to read and interpret documents such as reference work instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write effective emails. Ability to speak effectively with employees, customers, and consultants of organization.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (others may be assigned)
- Contributes to and supports a results-based work environment
- Leads by example, earns respect and gives it to others at all times, actively listens to others; works well with others even when under stress and/or pressure; maintains a professional demeanor regardless of professional or personal opinion or emotions.
- Displays a service mentality with internal staff; all activities support the customer—uses the 3Cs to ensure all customer needs are met without sacrificing on time delivery of quality products
- Learns enthusiastically, is coachable and retains new learnings and applies them successfully and consistently in the work environment
- Attends and participates in department and company meetings and initiatives
- Participates in cross-training and triple-redundancy initiatives
- Maintains a thorough understanding of department-specific, safety and work-related policies and procedures and assists others to understand and perform within these parameters as well
- Ensures a safe working environment. Notifies Safety Coordinator if unsafe conditions are identified
- Participates in safety programs such as stretching, work rotations, safety committee, and/or other initiatives to help promote a “Zero Injury Lost Time” work environment
- Fosters strong internal customer relations through quality of work product, promotes teamwork to achieve customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates and integrates PGC’s 5 Critical Success Factors into all activities (attendance, performance, safety, quality, and high-anchor behaviors
- Maintains, at all times, the confidentiality of any bank-related, employee-related, and other confidential information acquired or aware of through working for the company, both during and after their employment with PGC; under no circumstance should materials, documents or other information designated as confidential or restricted be removed for any reason in paper, electronic media, or any other form, from PGC’s premises without the prior express permission of the Co-CEOs